OK, with life being as busy at it is these days, I’m digging this whole “random thoughts” thing for my blog. So here are some more…
•Will had a bit of a rough weekend, tummy-wise. We took our first “sick” trip to the pediatrician today, and she gave us some kiddie antacid (who knew that existed?!) to give him. We’re 2 doses in, and so far it seems to be working! The bonus part of our trip to the dr. is that Will got to be weighed. He was born at 6 lbs., 13 oz., but now – at 5 weeks – he weighs…(drumroll)….10 lbs. 2 oz.!!! He sure is our little chunker!
•I love fall (still :)).
• The other day my grandma and aunt bought me a tea set! A few days later, they brought over some good tea and hot cider recipes, along with the ingredients! I’m excited to try them out. Would anyone like to have tea with me?
•There is a song on the new Caedmon’s Call CD that I really like. It’s called “Sacred”, and it’s a prayer from the perspective of a stay-at-home mom, reminding herself that every part of her job is sacred. My favorite line is “My cup runneth over, but I worry about the stain…teach me to run to You like they run to me for every little thing”. I’ve recently been struck by the realization that there are so many parallels between the parent/baby relationship and the God/human relationship (I know, I know…simple & obvious analogy, I suppose, but the reality of it never really hit me til I had a baby of my own!). Will depends on Mark & I for everything…and Mark & I know what’s best for Will even when he doesn’t. (I love how God builds these kinds of lessons into everyday life – first marriage, now parenthood!)
• Speaking of Caedmon’s Call, I am really happy that Derek Webb rejoined them (for this CD, at least). I’m not really a fan of his solo work, but love how his voice/songs blend in with Caedmon’s.
• I have an awesome hubby. This weekend he helped me clean out/rearrange/reorganize my “music studio” area in our basement…I’m super excited about how it looks!!!
• Yesterday I alphabetized my CDs. If you know how many CDs I have, you know this was an insane task. However, the bulk of my CDs are now in order (I have yet to go through the ones in paper sleeves) and a piece of me is resting much better because of it. Why is it that my life feels somewhat more in order now that my CDs – most of which I rarely (if ever) listen to – are now alphabetized? Must be a qwirk.
• If I was to endorse one baby product, it would be the PraiseBaby series of CDs & DVDs.
• If I was to endorse two baby products, they would be the PraiseBaby series of CDs & DVDs, and the Winnie the Pooh mobile from Target. It makes my baby smile. 🙂
• Why is it that all throughout the day, all these thoughts come to mind that I can’t wait to put on the blog…but now that I’m here, they seem to have evaporated into thin air. Oh well. More later, I suppose!
To close tonight’s entry, here is a picture of Will taking his first tub-bath last night! 🙂