Yes, to any (either?) of you who still periodically check this blog, I am still here. As I mentioned in my previous post (wasn’t that Beatles baby cute, by the way?), I’ve posted several mental blogs – just none that actually made it into my laptop. And now I can’t remember what any of them were. So…I am just going to post some random thoughts/happenings, because I don’t know what else to write about:
• For my birthday, my brother Chris bought me a wonderful little book called “500 Cookies”. The title is pretty self explanatory: it’s a chunky little book containing recipes for (yes) 500 different kinds of cookies – complete with full-color photographs of each savory confection. Yum. I decided to embark upon a bold endeavor: I will bake each of the 500 cookies and review each one. Not all at once, mind you – one at a time, at my leisure. So far I’ve baked 1: the peanut butter cookie. I had originally photographed my baking endeavor to provide documentation for a blog-post about it, but alas, the photos had to be sacrified in a last minute need to free up memory space on the camera. Oh well. I will say that the cookies were delightful. 🙂 I will be proceeding to cookie #2 very soon, Lord-willing. It’s a ginger cookie (can’t remember the name, though…not a snap…)
• I really like the show “Little People, Big World”.
• Today I felt like a true mommy. Will & I went to the grocery store. Poor little guy has a cold, so his sweet little face was rather snotty. Then I realized his little blue coat had some dried crusty food or something on the front. Then I realized that at some point while we were in the store (and I don’t know how I missed this), WIll had spit up some of his green bean lunch, leaving a large green blotch on his jeans and some greenness on his chin. Then we ran into 2 separate individuals who hadn’t met Will yet…and I wanted to yell “I really do normally keep my baby clean!”. On the brighter side, he was really very sweet the whole time, and just loves sitting in the front of shopping carts. It’s quite fun. 🙂
• I don’t know who I want to win American Idol. I am torn. My favorites change every week. I like them all in different ways (except Syesha…not a huge Syesha fan. And Brooke is on thin ice, too.)
• Recent Will accomplishments: he gets up on all fours (almost crawling time…) and he figured out how to drink from his sippy cup (which is ever so cute)
• The other night Mark & I went on a date. On the way there we stopped at some friends’ house – they gave us some neat backyard toys (a little slide and a sandbox) that they were no longer in need of, but they wanted to get rid of it before Sunday, so we took the truck* to pick it up. (*no, our truck isn’t fixed…but it’s driveable if we absolutely need to – and we absolutely needed to in order to pick up this stuff!). Unfortunately we forgot to take into account the fact that the toys had been sitting in their yard for years…and when toys sit in a yard for years, things tend to grow on/crawl through/live in them…bottom line is that it made our truck smell like…well, poop. And it just got worse as the evening progressed. Each time we got into the car – after the restaurant, at Southdale, at DQ – it had grown a bit stronger. Let me tell you, there is nothing more romantic than driving with your honey in a car that smells like poop. Thus, for the remainder of that evening our truck was dubbed “the poopy truck”. Oh yes, and the slide had a caterpillar on it, which I made Mark get rid of. ~shudder~. The good news: everything has been scrubbed down, deodorized, and is now set up in our yard for future playing fun! 🙂
• Recent Mark accomplishments: Killing the caterpillar for me; unloading, washing & re-assembling the “formerly poopy smelling” yard toys.
•Recent Nikki accomplishments: Going to bed before 10:00 pm (did this on Thursday, yay me! Update: haven’t done it since.).
• Tonight I participated in a market research discussion group on granola. We talked about it…we looked at it…we tasted it…and let me tell you, there are some people who are pretty passionate about their granola! Even I found myself getting a little more fired up about granola than I normally would. Committees tend to do that to me – sweep me into the debate. The truth is I really don’t care. But some people really had their ideas on what was too sweet, what was too chunky, etc. I felt sort of silly, truth be told. I just buy whatever is on sale, and it probably has way too much sugar in it. I should probably check. But…I got paid $50 and got a free snack (granola) and a bottle of water to boot! So I can’t complain. 🙂
•I am planning on participating in New Life Family Service’s “Walk for Life” on Saturday, May 17 in Richfield. Anyone up for joining me?
OK, I think I’ve purged all the randomness I can for the moment.
Happy Monday to All & to All a Goodnight!