OK, my friend Aimee recently emailed me this little holiday survey.
I love surveys.
Anyway, I thought it would be fun to put on my blog — and, on the off chance that you’re just as weird as me (or bored; either one works…) I invite anyone reading this to take it yourself and post it on yours! If you choose to participate, be sure to leave a comment so we can all check it out. Enjoy!
A CHRISTMAS SURVEY
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? for Christmas, paper all the way. Any other time of the year — bags, bags & more bags. 🙂
2. Real tree or Artificial? I SO prefer the real tree — but this year, for many reasons, we stuck with our trusty artificial. Sigh. It’s still lovely, in my opinion. 🙂
3. When do you put up the tree? soon after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? First week or 2 of January
5. Do you like eggnog? Does it have sugar in it? Then YES! (name that movie)
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Lots of favorite gifts…my dollhouse, the Santa Bear my grandparents hid in the closet…
7. Hardest person to buy for? My grandma
8. Easiest person to buy for? My 14 year old sister. She always supplies a very handy list. 🙂
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, I am the proud owner of a WillowTree nativity set. It used to grace our bay window in the living room. Now that we have a 1 year old, it’s gracing the very top of a cabinet. 🙂 It’s OK, I still love it.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail! This year we are opting to send out our “family letter” with our birth announcements when the baby comes in April, though…so if we do send out a Christmas card it will be by email.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The stomach flu, Christmas Eve 2005 (our first married Christmas). Awwww. ‘Twas a lovely night before Christmas. I think I caught almost ALL of the Christmas Story marathon on TBS that year…
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It’s a Wonderful Life, Charlie Brown Christmas Special, A Christmas Story, Elf, Home Alone…so many!
13 When do you start shopping for Christmas? Right around Black Friday
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Rice pudding at my grandma’s.
16. Lights on the tree? yes!
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home, though since I’ve been married the tradition of traveling to Iowa sometime around Christmas has been fun.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen,
Comet, Cupid, Donner & Blitzen and of course Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Family on Christmas Eve; Santa on Christmas morn.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Overcrowded stores and grumpy shoppers. And those beautiful European people at the mall kiosks who thrust lotion samples at you and tell you “they have a question for you”.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? hmmm…don’t really have one.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Again, rice pudding. Gotta have the rice pudding.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? a fun holiday for my boy!