For months I have been wanting to take part in MckMama’s “Not Me! Monday” (which happens most every Monday), but without fail, whenever a Monday would come along and it was time to do it, I couldn’t think of anything to contribute. Not that there wasn’t anything I could have contributed; I just couldn’t remember.
Not this week, my friends. The stars have aligned and I actually can think of a couple of things to tell you about…
…now, some of you are probably scratching your heads, wondering what in the heck “Not Me! Monday” IS. Well, to put it simply, it’s an invitation for people to blog about things they absolutely, positively, most certainly did NOT do recently.
(Might I add that you might need to be somewhat well-versed in the art of sarcasm to fully appreciate the wonders of “Not Me! Monday”. A-HEM.)
So without further ado, here are a couple of things I did NOT do this week:
• I did not leave the remains of my lovely 4th of July jell-o/strawberry/blueberry dessert in the fridge for almost a week, then take it out and put it next to the sink to be washed. I then did NOT procrastinate in washing the dish it was in for a few days, and most certainly did not finally clean it today only to discover it had become a virtual petri dish. Nope, not me!
• I did not take advantage of the fact that someone had left their “Michael Jackson History” CD here over the 4th by playing it for my 1 year old son this week as “dance music”. I also did not agree to play the “scary song” (that would be “Thriller”) over and over for him because he loves it so much. I also did not teach him the moonwalk. No, no, no. Not me.
• I am not re-reading Harry Potter book 6, and am not giddy as a school-girl for the movie to be released on Wednesday. And my husband and I are certainly not nerdy enough to be planning a matinee date to see it.
• there is not an open box of Cookie Crisp on our kitchen counter that I have been periodically dipping my hand into.
• nor is there an open bag of chocolate chips in my cupboard that I have been stealing from. No Twizzlers, either.
I always snack responsibly.
Phew. That is all. Just look at all the things I didn’t do this week! Yay me.
Now it’s your turn. What HAVEN’T you been up to? Do share.