(This is kind of a boring post…mostly it’s just facts I wanted to write down for my own sake — but maybe some of you others who have been pregnant can relate/laugh at some of it. :))
- Thanks to everyone for their kind comments and wishes!
- My official due date is February 18 (so I am 11 weeks along tomorrow)
- In February, W will be 3 1/2 and S will be 23 months. Which means I will have 3 kids 3 & under! Yikes (and yay!) 🙂
- It is still settling in that another one is on the way!!!
- My first clue that I was pregnant was that I suddenly had a super-human sense of smell.
- My second clue was that, after an afternoon of feeling tired and queasy, I found myself ordering a Filet-o-Fish sandwich at the McDonald’s drive through. What the heck?! The next morning I packed the kids in the car for a trip to Target to buy a test.
- My third clue was that on the way home from Target to buy said test, I tried to drink a bottle of water but couldn’t because it was too nauseating. WATER.
- I announced my pregnancy to M when he got home from work one day after he had suffered a bout of insomnia the night before. So, basically, he came home from a stressful day at work after getting almost no sleep the night before and I told him I was pregnant. He then had to go play in a softball game that night, where he missed a ball being thrown to him and received the nasty black eye that some of you may have seen a couple months back. And now you know the rest of the story.
- The first trimester has been a doozy. This is by far the sickest I’ve felt in pregnancy! Lots of moments of “I-just-need-to-lie-down-in-this-one-position-and-not-move-AT-ALL-for-awhile”. Thankfully it also happens to be summer, which means M is not working full time, so he’s been a ton of help with the kids and I’ve been able to rest quite a bit.
- My husband is a super-hero. He’s cared for kids. He’s cleaned. He’s organized closets. He is awesome.
- We had an ultrasound at 8 weeks. I had been convinced it was twins, because: a). My maternal grandma was a fraternal twin, b). I have felt so darn sick, c). I know like, 25 people (or, like, 4) who are having/have recently had twins, and it just seemed like something must be in the water or something. But no, just one sac with one baby in it…one tiny, cute, baby with a strong and fast heartbeat. 🙂
- We will find out gender. I really don’t care either way, but I think it’s a girl.
- W thinks it’s a boy and would like to name him “Ockogralph” (his favorite name).
- Cravings have included yogurt parfaits from McDonalds, The BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad from California Pizza Kitchen (try it, it’s DIVINE), anything fruity, and Mott’s 100% Juice Freezy Pops (which I have been living on today). Also, chocolate (but I don’t think that’s a pregnancy thing).
- We heard the heartbeat again this past Monday — so cool! 170+ beats/minute! I love the miracle of how God grows babies and I praise him for what he’s knitting together in my belly!